Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) is a part of the world-renowned University of Cambridge, U.K. and is among the world's leading providers of International qualifications and assessments. They are the oldest and the largest International Exam board, conducting 2.25 million exams a year in 160 countries. CIE has been offering IGCSE (International General Certificate of Secondary Education), A & AS level (Advanced & Advanced Subsidiary respectively) qualifications. CIE are also the providers of Cambridge Primary Program.The structure & content of CIE Syllabus is such that it does not put too much stress on students but yet draws out successfully the best within them.Cambridge Primary Program
Cambridge Primary Program is for learners aged 5 to 11 years, giving schools a world-class curriculum to develop student’s skills and understanding in English, mathematics and science. It enables teachers to assess children's learning as they progress with two optional assessments, Cambridge Primary Progression Tests and Cambridge Primary Checkpoint.
Cambridge International Examinations prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and a lasting passion for learning. This qualification is recognised by the world’s best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career while students can be confident that the results they receive are fairly awarded against our consistent global standard.Cambridge Secondary 1
International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE)
- The Cambridge Secondary 1 Curriculum at RBK International aims at moulding learners to be Responsible, Reflective, Confident and Engaged in thought provoking activities.
- The students are propelled to develop understanding of Subjects and independent thinking skills.
- We offer our learners a reliable, rigorous and flexible assessment leading to the holistic development of our learners.
- The Cambridge Secondary 1 Program prepares the learner with a sound base for the IGCSE.
- The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is a comprehensive two-year programme, spread over Class 9 and 10, leading to the final examinations taken at the Class 10 level.
- It is a globally recognized qualification, similar to the Class 10 examinations of the SSC, ICSE, CBSE, British GCSE, International GCE O Level examinations or the Middle Years Programme of the IB.
- It is introduced in our school at Class 8 level, as a preparatory phase.
- All Indian Boards and Universities accept IGCSE 'as equivalent to SSC/ICSE/CBSE'.
- The IGCSE programme has worldwide status and credibility. In India, the course is delivered in over 130 schools with the number rising each year.
- Worldwide, it is delivered in schools in over 160 countries and is recognised by colleges and universities in India and everywhere, more so in the USA, UK and other Commonwealth countries.
Thousands of learners worldwide gain places at leading universities every year with Cambridge International AS & A Levels qualifications. The syllabus develops a deep understanding of subjects and independent thinking skills. A wide range of training and support resources are available to help teachers plan and deliver Cambridge International AS and A Level programs. Following this program is a passport to success.
Further information will be available on www.cie.org.ukWHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF IGCSE?
- It is the most recognized qualification in the world.
- Involves a variety of assessment techniques to assess various skills in the learners. Eg: Listening, speaking, reading & writing skills are all assessed in this curriculum. The learners are taught keeping a global perspective in mind. Critical thinking and problem solving attitudes are inculcated. Lastly, the teaching & learning process is inter disciplinary.
- Curriculum is balanced and lends an international perspective to studies.
- Takes account of differing abilities of students.
- Recognitions according to CIE can be found here http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/recognition
- For more information click here: www.cie.org.uk